Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Family by Kalsoom Hussain

Why can’t we go back to the days when we were little and had no care in the world? 

When families were close and everyone talked with one another. Nothing is like it used to be; 
we don’t have any family gatherings anymore and there’s so much drama in the family, 
you would think everyone was still in high school. I don’t understand why the family fights 
as much as they do. Brothers and sisters turned into enemies while they have no realization 
of the consequences of their hatred. The cousins I grew up with and trusted with my life, 
was no longer people I could even talk to. That same hatred and selfishness of the family 
was the cause to my grandfather’s death. Why couldn’t they get along even after their father 
passed away? Swallow your pride, and get over yourself. At least show up to the celebration 
of your father’s life. Is that too much to ask? You’re an adult, in your 40s now, even I understand 
that what you’re doing is wrong. Your actions are completely shameful and I feel sorry for you. 
If only we could go back to the days when the family got along. The family I once knew is no 
longer a family I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment